Why can't I launch qgis??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 18:48:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:18:45 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 18:02:51 +0000 (UTC), Beartooth wrote:
>
>> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x021c6ebb in
>> QListData::isEmpty (this=<value optimized out>)
>>     at ../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h:88
>> 88	    inline bool isEmpty() const { return d->end  == d->begin; }
>
>> 	I hope some of that helps!
>
> That's  http://bugzilla.redhat.com/498111  and also a few newer tickets.
> See http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/qgis

	OK, I looked at those -- and could follow just about enough to
confirm that yes, that's what's happening here.

	So I guess I wait. I could probably manage to get my name onto
the distribution list, but past experience suggests the ensuing messages
would also be over my head.

	Is there a way to be notified when the bug is squashed? Or to
check whether it's still in F12? I'll start upgrading a week or two after
the release.