Dell Latitude Suspend/Restore

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:59:40 UTC 2009

I have a Dell Latitude M1330. Originally it was running F10 and I
upgraded it to F11 some months ago using preupgrade. Everything
continued to work well. Including suspend/resume.

Recently, for reasons too boring to go into, I trashed this
installation and started again. I booted from an F11 Live image on a
USB stick and installed from there to the hard disk.

Most things still work fine, but suspend/restore has stopped working.
Well, suspend seems to work ok, but restore doesn't. I now have to
reboot the laptop each time I want to use it.

My suspicion is that the Live image doesn't include an RPM that I was
getting from my old F10 installation. But this is an area that I know
nothing about and I'd appreciate any advice on how to track down and
fix this issue.

Cheers,

Dave...