Hal policy for allowing umount of other users mounts

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Nov 11 15:32:57 UTC 2009

Kevin Kempter wrote:

> I believe you can get what you want via udev rules (/etc/udev/rules.d/*)
> I've used this to change perms on my USB palm devices in the past.

Let me clarify: This is not a UNIX permissions error. This is a pure
dbus/HAL policy issue.

I want to use "dbus-send" to allow a non-root user access to unmount an
already mounted USB drive that was mounted by another non-root user.
Both users can mount and unmount through HAL already, but they cannot
unmount each other's mounts.