How do I share a wireless network connection with a wired device ?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Nov 13 11:59:43 UTC 2009

Linuxguy123 writes:

> So, I reverted to using system-config-network and firestarter.  I
> disabled NetworkManager controlling the devices.  Firestarter kept
> saying that eth0 wasn't ready and crashing.   I know I've run into this
> problem before with statically configured ports and firestarter, but I
> can't remember what I did to fix it.
>
> This is way harder than it needs to be !
>
> I'm hoping the Network Manager in F12 will be a little more refined.

Sometimes, it's easier to configure things directly by editing the contents
of /etc/sysconfig, rather than try to figure out how to do it using some
flashy GUI.

What you want to do is not really that exotic. However it is also rather
uncommon, so, sometimes, you find that the tools which are designed for
average users and common situations simply cannot accomodate an unusual
situation, even though, underneath, it's not really that complicated.