Re: Saving Flash

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 13:01 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>   cp /tmp/Flash* ~
>
> Then, when you want to save some flash video you are watching in the
> browser, wait until it is buffered completely, and then click the damn
> button. It really cannot get any simpler than that.

Yes it can :-) :

$ ln /tmp/Flash-stuff.flv /tmp/Flash-stuff.flv.save

Note that this is a hard link. Use a "for" loop in your script if you
want to save /tmp/Flash*. Doing it this way means a) you don't
physically copy the file and b) you don't have to wait for it to finish
downloading before deciding to grab it.

However these methods don't always work. I seem to remember seeing sites
that unlink the /tmp file immediately after creating it. If that happens
you'd need to poke around in /proc/<pid-of-flash-player>/fd.

poc