Accessing UFS2 Filesystems in Logical Volume Disks of Virtual Machines

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) space.time.universe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:01:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
<space.time.universe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a logical volume containing a FreeBSD 8.0 virtual machine. The
> virtual harddisk for the FreeBSD UNIX VM contains one slice. And this
> slice contains various UFS2 partitions.
>
> When I used kpartx to add mappings, I can only see the slice but not
> the partitions within the slice.
>
> How can I have access to the partitions within the slice?
>
> Thank you.

Hi,

The solution that I found is for FreeBSD directly installed on bare
metal machine. Please read the following discussions.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/bsd-17/cannot-mount-freebsd-ufs-from-linux-191184/

But my FreeBSD was installed as a virtual machine in a logical volume
virtual harddisk.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)
Email: space.time.universe at gmail.com
Mobile Phone (Starhub Prepaid): +65-8369-2618
Street: Bedok Reservoir Road
Country: Singapore