Silent mounting of disks? Unwanted.

Andy Campbell fedora at starsend.force9.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 17:57:28 UTC 2009

> So, how did those 6 partitions get mounted?  Inquiring minds want to
> know.  I didn't do it, and I'm the only operator here.

This may not be true for F10, but on F11 it would be worth checking
Authorizations, on F11 its System->Preferences->Authorizations.

Look for disks -> Mount a system-internal device

If its enabled for your account, or Active console, then they get
automatically mounted.

One workaround I found is to explicitly include the filesystem in /etc/
fstab.  But add the option noauto this stops it getting mount e.g.

  ... ext3    noauto,defaults 0 0 ...

Andy