Plugging into Projectors

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 19 22:45:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 10:29 -0500, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>   I am running F11 on a Dell Latitude D820. I am unable to connect to
> projectors except at ridiculously small screen resolutions. Running
> Windows on the same machine plugs into projectors easily. What can I
> do?

You haven't said whether Windows automatically picks the right
resolution, or whether you manually tell it what to do.

I've seen plenty of situations where Windows requires manual
intervention to get the computer working with a particular display
device (one that provides no configuration details to the computer, or
the wrong details).  In the absence of that information, Windows, like
Linux, will default to some defaults that are expected to work.  Given
the wrong information, anything could happen.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.