Re: liveusb-creator -

Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin wildblue net> writes:
>        I think I did essentially the same thing, I used fdisk to
>        reformat the drive as Linux [83] then did mkfs ext3.

Hmm.  Sounds like it should have worked if it was the problem I was
thinking of.

In my case I think I had a bare fat-<something> fs on my stick with no
msdos style partition table.  Some programs could deal, others couldn't.

I'd be tempted to try one last hail mary and clobber the while drive
with a "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd<yourusbdrive> bs=1M".  If anything is
finding a funny pattern and misinterpreting it, that should fix it.
Writing to each sector would also reassign all bad sectors, so that base
would be covered too.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3