Re: liveusb-creator -

On 19/11/09 18:54, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Bob Goodwin<bobgoodwin wildblue net>  writes:
        I think I did essentially the same thing, I used fdisk to
        reformat the drive as Linux [83] then did mkfs ext3.
Hmm.  Sounds like it should have worked if it was the problem I was
thinking of.

In my case I think I had a bare fat-<something>  fs on my stick with no
msdos style partition table.  Some programs could deal, others couldn't.

I'd be tempted to try one last hail mary and clobber the while drive
with a "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd<yourusbdrive>  bs=1M".  If anything is
finding a funny pattern and misinterpreting it, that should fix it.
Writing to each sector would also reassign all bad sectors, so that base
would be covered too.

-wolfgang

   Ok, I will try that tomorrow. I've been at this computer all day and
   I need a break now. I do this stuff for amusement and get too
   involved at times.

   Thanks, I'll let you know if I have any success with that thumb drive.

   Bob