Plugging into Projectors

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:32:11 UTC 2009

     Hello,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 10:29 -0500, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>>   I am running F11 on a Dell Latitude D820. I am unable to connect to
>> projectors except at ridiculously small screen resolutions. Running
>> Windows on the same machine plugs into projectors easily. What can I
>> do?
>
> You haven't said whether Windows automatically picks the right
> resolution, or whether you manually tell it what to do.

  I just connect it and cold boot with Windows, and the resolution looks fine.

  I forgot to mention, under Fedora, it is also difficult to get the
original resolution back afterwards. The GUI display tool detects
neither my screen type nor the supported resolutions. When I try to
set it manually - either through the config tool or by editing the
config file - and then log out and in, most often my changes are
reverted. After a lot of fiddling and logging in and out, I eventually
would get my original resolution back, without understanding why it
worked now and not earlier.

  Right now, the display tool says 1400x1050, millions of colors, with
unknown monitor type and a nVidia Corp G72M [Quadro NVS 110M, GeForce
GO 7300].

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)