F12 installs report here.

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Nov 21 23:22:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 03:19:56PM -0800, Bruce Korb wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 14:56 -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
> >> Sound Just Works!  Including the stuff from RPM Fusion.
> >
> > Now that is good news !
>
> Cool.  If only my system didn't lock up so tight I have to pull the plug
> to reboot.  (Pressing the power button is insufficient.)  DOA for me.

Pls forgive me for hijacking this item, I seem to have lost the original
of the "f12 installs report here" thread.

just made a first attempt at updating F11==>F12 on my eeepc. I made dd
images of the two built-in SSDs, safely over on my SAN device, ran
sha256sums on both of them and compared 'em to the same sums for the SSD
so they should be good.

then I booted the f12 dvd, let it check itself, it passed, so I told it to
do an upgrade. it started, ran for a while then complained it couldn't
read some package from the "repository" which I assume is my dvd...
didn't offer many good options so I rebooted and tried again, but it
had sufficiently hosed the installation that it no longer offered the
update option, only a fresh install.

so I'm now in the process of restoring the dd images to the machine so
I can try again. Wish me well!

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.