Fedora 12 sha1sum

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 07:36:12 UTC 2009

Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> writes:
> We got so many questions on this that we added a large red note to the
> top of https://fedoraproject.org/verify telling folks that the 'Hash:
> SHA1' line is part of the PGP signature and has nothing to do with the
> type of checksum used for verifying the .iso.

Woudld it be possible to do the signature using SHA256 also?  On one of
the iso's I recently burned did have a checksum file with a gpg SHA256
signature hash.  That was enough to remind me that I should be using the
SHA256 for checksumming the iso.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3