Creating a local RPM repository

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 25 01:08:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 14:34 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> It looks as if in any reasonable use 'cost' and 'priority' provide the
> same functionality. Features from the Department of Redundancy
> Department.

I could imagine a system where you had some per-per-byte sources
(perhaps cheap at night, expensive during the day), versus things you
found important, and you'd like some way to automate deciding when it's
worth the expense and when it's not, for controlling the automatic yum
updating.

Of course, you'd have to do some mental gymnastics, in the first place,
to assess the relative merits of them all, to do the configuration.  Me,
I just do a manual yum update when the computer's not busy, and I've not
nearly exhausted my monthly download allowance.  ;-)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.