anyone noticed this odd firefox glitch?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Nov 30 01:38:08 UTC 2009

After some recent updates (which included a new ati driver)
firefox exhibits this weird behavior on my system. When I
start firefox, the first time it gets the focus, it flickers
once like it just decided it needed to redraw the whole
screen. (I have focus set to follow the mouse).

After it does it that once, it is OK, I can move focus back
and forth and no flickering happens till I exit firefox
and restart it, then I get the initial flicker again.

I don't see any other applications behave this way, just
firefox, and firefox wasn't doing it till the last round
of updates.

It seems relatively harmless, but I was just curious if
it was only me :-).