Your favourite Flash websites and testing Gnash

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Oct 1 07:43:45 UTC 2009

On 01/10/09 01:23, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> On 09/30/2009 08:09 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running the Gnash browser plugin for the past few days and it seems
>> to work well for the websites that I use (YouTube et all).  I am curious
>> if anyone else has used it recently and if so what has been your
>> experiences? Can you give the list of your favourite websites that use
>> Flash considerably?
>>
>> If you want to test it,
>>
>> # yum remove flash-plugin
>> # yum install gnash-plugin
>>
>> Restart Firefox, confirm with about:plugins and check.
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> I installed it just like that and firefox confirms it's there in
> about:plugins, but whenever I open some page with flash, firefox
> behaves as if nothing is there
> I've tried disabling adobe flash (in plugins) and setting the swf
> handler to gnash, and still nothing

I get the following error message when I go to
http://puzzles.usatoday.com/. But then the adobe flash doesn't work
properly either in this F-11 computer. I have to use F-10 in another box
to print puzzles that require flash. .

    Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
    (printasbitmap) isn't associated with any program.

Bob