ibus still broken

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Oct 2 23:22:11 UTC 2009

Stuart McGraw wrote:

>>> (ibus-daemon:21356): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed :
>>>   Can not get value [engine/anthy/shortcut/wnn->add_word]
>>> (ibus-daemon:21356): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed :
>>>   Can not get value [engine/anthy/shortcut/wnn->start_setup]
>>>
>>> They all have in common a message about not getting a value
>>> from engine/anthy/shortcut/<something>.  Perhaps these are
>>> normal?  If not, do they ring a bell with anyone?
>>> I don't see any messages when I type the activate sequence
>>> (alt-grave) in some window.
>>>

>> As a quick check....what I would do is to create a new user account and
>> see if things work for that new user.  This will then tell you if it is
>> simply something that is related to your settings....
>>

> Hadn't thought of that, good idea.  Did so, enabled the IME and
> selected Anthy, but same problem exists in the new account.

The error messages I've not seen before....nor heard of.  Almost sounds
as if some other process has reserved the start/stop method.   Since a
new account would/should start out with a "blank" home directory without
any .ibus or .dbus directories it would suggest that the problem is
actually external to ibus.  I'm going to presume that the
.imsettings.log did not reveal anything either.....

You said you were running Gnome.  Does the same thing happen under KDE?

Like you said....since it works for others then the problem is unique to
your system.  Even so, it would be a good idea to file a bugzilla.  The
developers may not read or pay much attention to this list and with a
bugzilla may actually have the answer to your problem.

--
The big cities of America are becoming Third World countries. -- Nora
Ephron Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7