ibus still broken

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Oct 3 17:17:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 13:07 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > I'm just not buying Bill's concept of breaking and never digging
> out.
> >
> That's your choice, I think Tait Clarridge hit the method to downgrade
> first,
> then rerun the upgrade. In another forum (chat room) someone said that
> the yum
> 'clean' had been used, then upgrade succeeded in fixing the system.
>
> Both of those suggestions indicate that "using only the 'upgrade'
> command" isn't
> the way to get things sane again. If it worked for you, fine, but I
> still put
> Tait's suggestion in my tricks folder, seems a robust thing to do,
> rather than
> repeating the unsuccessful upgrade.
----
it's about the assumption...

if a yum clean metadata fixes the issue, then it is not an issue that is
problematic for everyone but only those whose metadata contains a
package list of updates that won't work...it's a local problem.

I can assure you that neither I nor most have had to 'downgrade' in
order to upgrade.

Craig

believed to be clean.