F11 and CD Failure

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Oct 4 22:10:50 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> that all looks good - I don't think it actually mounts until you tell it
> to mount - i.e. I use KDE and KDE uses a widget called 'Device Notifier'
> and it wouldn't mount the inserted CD until you do something like open
> the disk with 'file manager' (Dolphin). I don't know the similar actions
> from GNOME. You might find that the disk is actually available and
> waiting for user instruction to actually 'mount' it.
>
> Craig

CDs are normally auto-mounted in Gnome. You get an icon on the
desktop. But you can turn auto-mounting off.

Mikkel
--

Mikkel,

That has been my problem with hal.  I am using gnome.  hal recognizes
the CD when I insert it in the drive, but it does not automount the cd.
Where do you turn the auto-mount on and off?

Greg