Subtitle editor?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:40:24 UTC 2009

Hi folks! :-)

I need recommendations about some movie subtitle editor, to use in conjunction
with, say, mplayer?

I want to add offset to the timings of all subs, to readjust the timing of an
individual sub, to accelerate/decelerate subs, to change the encoding of text,
to translate text, etc. All sorts of stuff...

I understand that the best/only way to do all that is interactively while
watching a movie. I don't want to simply edit the text file and recalculate
timings in my head or something, there must be some user-friendly tool for
this stuff, right?

Advice please? Anything in Fedora repos? Or elsewhere?

Thanks, :-)
Marko