Printing considered hard?

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 8 14:36:16 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am sitting here in my new office and want to print from my fedora 11
machine. Epic fail.

I just had to add ServerName and Encryption to /cups/client.conf and the
basic tools (lpr) work. But printing from firefox is impossible (print
dlg. freezes) and setting up this config from the printer dialog is
impossible to (connect to server shows the printers but everytime I
select one I get a connection error without further information).

How is one supposed to print in todays fedora?

regards

Christoph