Using a USB Hub on Linux ?

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Oct 9 20:24:16 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> I'm using lpd:// .
> I have my home cups network printer setup that way and I can print
> without any problems. I'm using a 2Wire 1800HW router. Samsung CLX3175FN
> Printer.
>
> But I have a friend with the same settings using a Linksys WRT54GS
> router and I can ping the Printer from a Linux (cups) and windows XP.
> But it won't allow either computer to send and print from a Samsung
> CLX3175FN.
>
> Called Linksys, as usual there is nothing wrong with their router.

Did you check the firewall settings on the computers? I know the
default settings on XP does not allow printing to a network printer.
I believe the default for Fedora is the same. I just went through
that on my sister-in-law's computer. She did a firewall update, and
could no longer print to the network printers.

Mikkel