Gnome or KDE - why not ask?

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sat Oct 10 15:10:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's nothing vestigial about it. Fedora is upfront about being a
> Gnome distro which also supports KDE. For example the upcoming DeviceKit
> stuff mentions Gnome components in the same breath as the kernel. This
> is common in Fedora docs. I gripe about it from time to time but I doubt
> anything can be done about it at present. The current state of free
> desktop architectures doesn't seem to allow neutrality.

Then step up and do the work, if you want KDE on an equal footing.
It's not like the KDE people within Fedora haven't been saying this
for ages and ages and ages.

Gods know I couldn't care less about KDE, but the incessant "wah wah
wah we're a second-class citizen" gets very old.

--
Marc Wilson
msw at cox.net