Tons of USB messages

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Sat Oct 10 15:43:20 UTC 2009

Hi.  For months, I've been getting messages like the following to
/var/log/messages:

Oct 10 09:39:32 pigpen kernel: hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB
device on port 7

I'm getting about 3-4 per second, so the file gets to be a couple
hundred megabytes.  It seems kind of silly.  Is there any way to
disable these messages short of disconnecting the device?  I think the
device in question is a card reader that came integrated with the
desktop PC, so I'm not sure what it might take to disconnect it.  I
don't think it works in any case.

Thanks,
Reid