Moved a FC10 drive between two systems - eth0 not recognized

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:31:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Joe <fedora at root-files.de> wrote:
> remove MAC in ifcfg-eth0 and restart network.

I think that F10 uses udev and that the latter overrides ifcfg (I
think!), so if the above does not work:

Run "lshw -c network"

Change "ATTR{address}" in "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules"
to the MAC address that lshw outputs.

(There is a way of re-generating the net rules but I do not know it.)