evolution does not know about any root certificate?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Oct 18 21:01:50 UTC 2009

Christoph A. wrote:
> On 18.10.2009 17:49, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Strange....  I have been unable to duplicate the problem....
>>
>> In cases like this I always fall back to creating a new user account and
>> testing it under the new account.  This helps to determine if it is a
>> user issue or system wide issue.
>>

> * mv .evolution evolution_old
> * yum remove evolution
> * yum install evolution
> * start evolution, setup new email account
> * stop evolution
> * cp /etc/pki/nssdb/cert8.db /etc/pki/nssdb/key3.db .
> * start evolution
>
> problem still persists.
>
> Some more info about my evolution "history":
> After the installation of fc11 I removed evolution because I used
> thunderbird. (some months ago) Now I wanted to try evolution and
> installed it again.
> If no one is able to reproduce this I will see if I can reproduce it on
> a new fc11 installation (applying these steps: remove evolution, install
> thunderbird, install evolution).

Well, the system I tried it on has both Tbird and evolution installed.
Maybe, in the AM, I'll try removing evolution and reinstalling it.

FWIW, when I said add a new user...I meant add a new Fedora user and
test...as in create a whole new Fedora user account, not just a new
email account.  Also, it shouldn't be necessary to copy those files to
.evolution since if they are not there evolution will do that.

--
The sheep that fly over your head are soon to land. Guess Who!
http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7