Can't edit text -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 28 15:54:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 11:29 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> This file was copied from OO in F-10 but I have set the permissions to
> 776:
>
>     [bobg at box9 ootext]$ ll
>     total 12
>     -rwxrwxrw-. 1 bobg root 9554 2009-10-07 09:42 bp-meds.090827.odt

The group ownership is rather telling.  Why is there a "root" in there?
And what do you mean by copied from OO?  Open a file from one place in
OpenOffice.org and saved to somewhere else?  Something else?  What's the
process that your files have been through from initial creation to you
working on them?  Any backups in the middle?  And, if so, how were they
done?

None of *my* files ever get "root" in the user or group ownerships.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.