KDE

Andrea Bencini andrea.bencini at tin.it
Thu Oct 29 20:11:11 UTC 2009

> kdebase-workspace
I installed kdebase-workspace with yum.
Then when I typed "startx" on my shell, I obtained this result that I post
following:

[root at eva ~]# startx
hostname: Unknown host
xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.2006
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  no server "/usr/bin/X" in PATH

Use the -- option, or make sure that /usr/bin is in your path and
that "/usr/bin/X" is a program or a link to the right type of server
for your display.  Possible server names include:

    Xorg        Common X server for most displays
    Xvfb        Virtual frame buffer
    Xfake       kdrive-based virtual frame buffer
    Xnest       X server nested in a window on another X server
    Xephyr      kdrive-based nested X server

xinit:  Server error.
[root at eva ~]#

What have I to do?
Thank