F11: Updating: caching problem with sqlite

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Sep 1 09:21:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:45:06 +0930,
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote :

> Before ANYONE tries "yum clean all" try "yum clean metadata".

Too late.  On the other hand I launched the commands yesterday evening
and this morning it was reporting something like:

593 updates, 1.1 GB
Is is OK [y/N] ?

So I guess it is time to get familiar with yum at the command line.
Especially since it seems the nice kyum is gone and what replaces it is
crippled (not even a alphanumeric search function through the packages
and does not even sort them alphabetically - I guess a sort would take
too much CPU !)

Makes me think,  kyum and kpdf.  Is there a 'Bring Back Kpdf' petition
around ?  I'd like to add my name to it.  Heck, I could even donate.  I
presume 'they' (KDE people) made such changes in the 4.x version that
every KDE-based app must be re-worked somehow to compile under the new
KDE/Qt kit.  kpdf is quite nice.  I've seen and used evince on a
'modern' laptop and it is not nice.