Re: X wont start for install on an hp pavilion HDX-16 1370us

Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> My son bought an hp Pavilion (HDX-16 1370us) laptop, with a 16" screen.
>
> Upon trying to start the anaconda installer Fedora 10 says 'X failed to start
> reverting back to text mode"
>

> Thoughts? anyone have any hp experience similar they can share (hopefully with
> solutions)?
>
> Thanks in advance

Well....  I've had this problem before....but it wasn't on HP and it
wasn't recent enough for me to recall anything other than I completed
the install in text mode and then found/fixed the issue later.
Basically....logging in in text mode, give a startx, and looking in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log to find out what went wrong and fixing it....