Disappearing Kernels during Yum update

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 4 12:43:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 08:10 -0400, Steven F. LeBrun wrote:
> This brings up another question, why is installonly_limit set to 3 in
> my yum.conf file when the manpage for yum.conf states that the default
> is 0 (disable).  As I stated above, I have not changed any settings in
> yum.conf.
>
> This indicates that there is a discrepancy between the manpages and
> the actual behavior.

Default for yum, when not configured otherwise.  Whereas Fedora has
preset a preference for three in the yum.conf file set up by them.

Since I've had some problems with new kernels, in the past; and I've
seen Fedora rapidly churn out several kernels, also in the past, I set
my limit at 6 kernels.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686