Thunderbird config date non-compat.-

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Sep 6 11:05:49 UTC 2009

On 06/09/09 06:54, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> On 06/09/09 11:50, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> --snip--
>

>> I think I did every thing right and:
>>
>> ConfigDate 0.6.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible
>> with Thunderbird 3.0b3.
>>
>> I guess I need to "zip" the file before saving as an "xpi"
>>
> Yes, save all under the folder as *.zip, then renmae *.zip to *.xpi
>

>> I'm not sure it's worth all this, might have been easier to install an
>> earlier version ot T-bird!
>>

> You could, I just yesterday updated to TB 3.0b3
> Whether you can still get 3.x on a mirror?
> F10 only has 2.x iirc

Yes, I've been using F10 for a while and the 2.x t-bird was quite
satisfactory. I don't see any advantage to this version yet?

I "gzipped" the file but it still wont fly!

    Thunderbird could not install the file at

    file:///home/bobg/Download/configdate-0.6.1.-tb-modified.xpi

    because: Not a valid install package
    -207

I have hungry horses standing at the gate waiting for breakfast. I think
I need a break too, been at this since four.

Thanks much for your help. Will pursue it further ...

Bob