Thunderbird config date non-compat.-

David Boles dgboles at comcast.net
Sun Sep 6 11:31:50 UTC 2009

On 9/6/2009 7:12 AM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> --snip--
>>>
>> Yes, I've been using F10 for a while and the 2.x t-bird was quite
>> satisfactory. I don't see any advantage to this version yet?
>>
>> I "gzipped" the file but it still wont fly!
>>
>>    Thunderbird could not install the file at
>>
>>    file:///home/bobg/Download/configdate-0.6.1.-tb-modified.xpi
>>
>>    because: Not a valid install package
>

> zip the files under configdate-0.6.1-tb.xpi_FILES
> don't include the folder itself.
>
>>    -207
>>
>> I have hungry horses standing at the gate waiting for breakfast. I think
>> I need a break too, been at this since four.
>>
>> Thanks much for your help. Will pursue it further ...
>>
>> Bob
>>

> No problem.

You guys are making this hard. Don't 'unzip' the package. 'open' it with
the default archive tool, edit the install.rdf file (open it with a test
editor, when you 'save' the edited install.rdf you will be prompted to
(I forget which it is) add or replace the edited file *in* the package.
Install the edited .xpi package in Thunderbird.

--

  David