F10 Update errors

vincent Onelli vonelli at optonline.net
Mon Sep 7 19:57:14 UTC 2009

> 15. Re: F10 Update errors (stan)
> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:08:36 -0400
> vincent Onelli <vonelli at optonline.net> wrote:
>

> > For a period of time now every time there is an automatic update it is
> > stopped because error, the following is the error info what I was able
> > to get.
> > For while I am using "yum clean metadata ; yum update"
> > some time even here I get some line with error
> > I am using HP zv6000 dual boot 1 Gb of memory, IDE hard disk 40 GB
> > partition
> > if any body has the answer I will appreciate very much and thank you
> > in advance.  Vinny
> >

> I don't know if I have an answer, but I have some suggestions.
>
> Edit /etc/yum.conf and change debuglevel=2 to debuglevel=6 or 10 so
> you see more error messages.
>
> Edit /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/refresh-packagekit.conf and turn it off.  The
> first set of errors seem to be occurring in that component.  This is
> because it is trying to access an empty list (that seems to be a bug as
> it should have protection against that).  This might just be a symptom,
> and there could be nothing wrong with this plugin.  This removes a
> complicating factor from the problem.
>
> The second set of errors is the same, the main yum process is trying to
> access an empty list.  Maybe your rpm db is corrupted.  Try running rpm
> --rebuilddb and when it completes try the yum command again.
>
> Run yum-complete-transaction.
>
> Run package-cleanup --problems
>
> No guarantees, but these might help you get closer to diagnosing the
> problem.

 rpm --rebuiltdb did not run
 yum-complete-transaction and package-cleanup --problems they both ran for
quite while in the end I lost couple programs "PCB" and "open office" and the
menu selection "add/remove software" that I could see, no problem apparently
it fix also what was wrong it allow me to complete the f11 installation.
I had an automatic f11 upgrade that never ran the full installation, in the
past every time I selected the f11 on boot hung up, this time it did it went
through the full installation without any problem. PCB I reinstalled by
using yum, the add/remove software I do not know how to do it or if there
is way. I will appreciate a hint, and thank you for the help
Vinny