Simple image crop tool?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:40:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, is there some simple image crop tool in Fedora repos?
>
> Thanks!

I know my response is not what you'll get from most Linux users, but I first
install the SUN JRE 6.x
then download and place the .jar of Java Image Editor somewhere in my home
dir.

http://www.jhlabs.com/ie/

It's like a Paint Shop Pro, very small (4MB), and done in cross-platform
Java. It's freeware and works for what I do
(cropping images, writing text on top of it, and ocassionaly copying and
pasting sections of it).

To launch it simply do a "java -jar appname.jar ". I create an alias in
.bashrc so I just have to type "jie" to launch it.

What I love about it is that I can use the same app across different OSs

FC

PS: To avoid clicking multiple times, find JRE6u16 here
ftp://ftp.relline.ru/pub/unix/jre-6u16-linux-i586-rpm.bin