F11: Netbeans 6.5.1 for Fedora fails to install...

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Sep 9 14:35:31 UTC 2009

On 09/08/09 19:55, stan wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:21:42 -0700
> "Daniel B. Thurman" <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:
>

>> Hmm... problems??
>>
> F11, x86_64
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep -i netbeans
> netbeans-platform-6.5-6.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-javaparser-6.5-2.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-resolver-6.1-6.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-java2-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-platform-harness-6.5-6.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-apisupport1-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-platform-javadoc-6.5-6.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-ide10-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
> netbeans-svnclientadapter-6.5-2.fc11.noarch
>
> There must be some dependencies missing on your system.  And the
> package you are trying to install seems older than the installed
> packages on my system, though I use updates-testing so that might
> explain it.

Mine is x86_32

This is what I have, straight F11 updates:

$ rpm -qa | grep -i netbeans
netbeans-platform-harness-6.5-6.fc11.noarch
netbeans-resolver-6.1-6.fc11.noarch
netbeans-apisupport1-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
netbeans-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
netbeans-platform-6.5-6.fc11.noarch
netbeans-svnclientadapter-6.5-2.fc11.noarch
netbeans-javaparser-6.5-2.fc11.noarch
netbeans-java2-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
netbeans-ide10-6.5-3.fc11.noarch
netbeans-platform-javadoc-6.5-6.fc11.noarch

Seems exactly like your list, only of word boundaries
(32) and of a different listing order?

Did F11 Netbeans 6.5.1 install completely for you using
the standard updates w/o updates-testing repository?

Clearly, it is complaining of dependencies that it cannot
locate, the libraries specifically, but only for some plugin
items.

I posted the list of problems reported by the plugin
installer - basically that there were problems connecting
to a site, problems locating a specific library dependency
that is not available and then some more.

[Shifting to a different topic]

Here is another potential issue...  what about Fedora's
Netbeans being dependent of $HOME/.netbeans as the
place to store plugins and other installations - what
happens if one decides to download and install Netbeans
from Netbeans & not use Fedorized version?

Would there be a conflict, i.e. mixing of projects & components
into this singular location?  Is there a workspace-switcher for
Netbeans so as to keep separation between different versions
of NB & its workspaces?