Added hard drives; how to configure raid?

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Wed Sep 9 20:51:08 UTC 2009

Reid Rivenburgh wrote:

> I guess that's overkill for my simple needs.  This is just going to be
> a big /home drive.  Thanks again for the help!

You know that a RAID1 is not a backup solution, right?
Your data will be better protected by running only one drive and
using the second as a backup (external disk, for example).

Sorry if I sound like one giving lessons around, but hearing
you are going to have a 1.5TB home directory full of stuff
pushes me to give you a warning now and not when the wrong
rm command will have killed all your files.

Friendly said.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it