Re: Automatic page numbering in OpenOffice

gilpel altern org wrote:
Sometimes OpenOffice reminds me of the bad old days of WordPerfect.
Everything is so complicated, even though the document formatting I need
is just elementary.

For now, all I want to do is set automatic page numbering in the x/y
format, e.g.: 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, etc., for every new document I create.

How do I do this?

Thanks!
I'm not sure whether there is any way to set this up automatically other than creating a document or document template which you open for each new document you start. Insert footer, then click within the footer, set centered line justification, insert field page, type '/', insert field page count.

Chris