NOAPIC and ACPI=off in F11 LiveCD, how?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:10:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:58:46 -0300
> Fernando Cassia wrote:
>
>> So... how do I make it boot with ACPI and APIC disabled?!?!. It
>> displays the logo and the message "Fedora will boot in x seconds..."
>> the countdown starts but I tried pressing F1, Space, Enter, and
>> nothing displays a menu or boot prompt.
>
> Usually hitting a key makes it stop for me. Are you using a USB
> keyboard? Is there a BIOS option to turn on BOIS usb keyboard
> support? Being unresponsive to the keyboard was a symptom I
> noted when I got a new motherboard till I found the USB options
> in the bios.

This system uses an infrared keyboard wired to they keyboard port (no
drivers needed on any OS).
However, I do not have access to the BIOS screen (Gateway locked
people out, it was an internet appliance).

If I manage to boot any OS, I can type. I just cannot seem to stop the
countdown from the Fedora 11 LiveCD.
FC