F11 on Acer One - unpluging the power cable is not detected

jaivuk jaivuk at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:48:21 UTC 2009

Hello Fedora list,

I installed F11 on Acer One and I have XFCE running and many times (9 out of
10) it happens that if I unplug the power cable from the netbook, it is not
detected by the XFCE's power panel, it also shows battery status 100% even
after longer time (40 minutes) without the power. On the other hand, display
changes the brightness every time I plug/unplug the cable.

Do you please have any hint how can I check if it is problem in the XFCE's
panel or somewhere deeper (or even in my hardware)?

Thank you in advance,

Jaiv