Why update Swahili?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Sun Sep 20 23:39:15 UTC 2009

Swahili is certainly a nice language but, unfortunately, I write only in
French and English. So, why is it that on every dictionaries updates a
sleuth of them are upgraded? Do mirrors have to somehow spend more
bandwidth or they're penalized?

Same goes for certain software. I don't have a trace of Blutooth hardware
on my system. Certainly the install program must have found that out. Why
do I receive updates for Blutooth?

Those are updates that I can easily identify as unnecessary, but how many
are there exactly? 15% ? 20% ?

Yesterday, my updates were downloaded at an average of 22 kB/sec.