How do you clear a botched kernel on a PPC system?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 27 00:05:04 UTC 2009

On 09/26/2009 08:27 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
> I find myself in another nice catch 22.
> So I'm having a hard time with things today. Can someone put me out of
> my misery?
Yeah, mate, take that .22 above and...

No seriously:
   Without having a ppc machine, I imagine that you can hit escape or
any key during boot, so that you get the boot loader's option menu, and
move the cursor to the previous kernel entry, hit enter...

As long as the older working kernel is still installed, it should be
enough to yum remove kernel.specific.bad.version, and the rpm should
take care of setting the previous versions item as the one to boot.

DaveT.