I think something is 'stuck' on the fedoara-list ?!?

Hiisi very-cool at rambler.ru
Mon Sep 28 06:06:14 UTC 2009

2009/9/28 William Case <billlinux at rogers.com>:
> Hi Hiisi
> On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 00:37 +0400, Hiisi wrote:
>> 2009/9/28 William Case <billlinux at rogers.com>:
>

>> Does it matter if you have a replay to your post (like now)? Can you
>> see your message now?
>>

>> Can you see your message now?
>
> I sent a message over a half an hour ago replying 'Yes' to your query;
> but that 'yes' response hasn't shown up here yet although it is in the
> archive.  The usual turnaround time is about 1 to 2 minutes.  The first
> two messages that I sent on this thread made it through instantly.

OK. We have here two messages from you, the second arrived about a
half of an hour after the first one.

>> Does it matter if you have a replay to your post (like now)?
>
> To me, yes for five reasons:

<--SNIP-->

> Now, lets see if this post comes back.
>
> --
> Regards Bill
> Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3
> Evo.2.26.3, Emacs 23.1.1

Recently I had similar problem with my messages. But in my case I new
exactly where problem laid. I used rambler.ru here in Moscow, Russia.
And they have the same reputation of 'screwing around with their
system on weekends without telling anybody' ;-) My solution was to
sign up in gmail, then set up my old address as 'reply-to' in gmail
and forward all messages to the new mailbox from the old one. You
could then unsubscribe the old address from list-messages and
subscribe for it on the new one.
Hope that helps. In my opinion gmail is the best mail-provider I've
ever used. But I use web-mail, not programs like evolution or kmail...
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
SIP: hiisi at ekiga.net