Wanted: rpm for GraphicsMagick

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Sep 30 14:51:10 UTC 2009

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> If I do:
>
> yum install GraphicsMagick
>
> it attempts to install 1.1.14, which is really ancient.
>
> I need 1.3.3 at the very least (I think stable is 1.3.7). Does anyone
> have an rpm available for this? There is a .src.rpm on the sourceforge
> site, but I can't install this (rpmbuild --rebuild fails with obscure
> error message - googling doesn't help).

If you're on F-11,
yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install GraphicsMagick

See also,
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F11/FEDORA-2009-9839

(At this time, chose not to introduce the ABI-breaking update for F-10, as
it is more of a maintainance/bugfix only stage of it's release lifetime).

-- Rex