Re: Latest updates are missing a dependency

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 10:15 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I still can't understand why the repo update process isn't automated
> at least to the extent of testing updates on a virtual machine
> which has all optional packages installed to see if the updates
> install correctly and the system still boots after the updates.

That'd still overlook the problem where someone's built a package that
depends on something, but hasn't asked for that dependency.  The builder
didn't notice it being required, because it was already on their system.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.