CF and Swapless Fedora

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 21:44:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Marco Devillers
<marco.devillers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I own a Macbook Air and have been running FC9 for a while on that,
> it is my development machine.
> The HD committed suicide.
> Now, I think I'll opt to replace the HD with a CF in SATA mounted drive.
> Two questions:
> 1. How big should the CF be?
> 2. How can I change Fedora such that it will use part of the ram memory for
> swap?
> All responses appreciated, thanks.

I'm sure there's many on this list that understand swap much more than
I but I would recommend googling what you really NEED swap for and
consider running without if you think the downside is acceptable. I
run swapless on my EEEPC and haven't had any issues.

I may be wrong but I can't think of any way creating swap in RAM would
be helpful.

Richard