Nut 0 vs F10 winner

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 2 11:12:51 UTC 2010

On Saturday 02 January 2010, g wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I am trying to make nut work, in this case with the usbhid-ups driver for
>> a Belkin UPS.
>
>i use apc ups exclusively and it is all i recommend.
>
>i did try nut when it first came out, but i went back to apcupsd.
>
>> Something is interfering with the drivers access to the ups,
>
>because, like every else, it has moved to usb.
>
><snip>
>
>> failed to claim USB device: could not claim interface 0: Device or
>> resource busy
>
>that is telling you what is wrong.
>
><snip>
>
>> Does anyone know what might be attempting to gain access to this usb
>> connected device besides usbhid-ups?
>
>years back, several of my ee friends and i were sitting around one night
> just after usb was first introduced, usb came up in discussions.
>
>after a few had made comments about how great it would be and how much
> could be run on it, i said, 'yeah, just like an expressway. it will be
> great at night and between towns, but during rush hour, it will get
> congested.'
>
>your problem may well be because you have too much running under usb.
>
>i have not looked at architecture of usb hardware or drivers, but i would
>suggest that you do some separating of devices, especially if you have an
>external hub connected, move ups to a controller where it will be by
> itself.

Yes, I did that last night, and that problem was solved.  So I have almost
everything working now except the html display in a browser.

>hth.

Yes, we're almost on the same page now. ;-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

There's a way out of any cage.
		-- Captain Christopher Pike, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),
		   stardate unknown.