Re: The Counter-Fedora People At #fedora

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:48:43 -0500
Randy Yates <yates ieee org> wrote:

> Why do the following people, time after time, insist on banning me for
> asking fedora questions on #fedora?

...snip...

I suggest some possible approaches for you:

- If someone is upsetting you or not providing the info you
  seek, tell them that you don't think they are helping you,
  and /ignore them.

- If you find yourself getting frustrated or upset, step away from the
  channel for a while and do something relaxing.

- Try another support channel and see if that more matches your needs.
This mailing list or the forums may match your needs better than IRC.

See more ideas at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Maximizing_Support_from_IRC

> I have been a Fedora user for 4 years (since FC3). I have (for
> better or worse) provided documentation on some things that have
> helped me:
>
>   http://galois.digitalsignallabs.com/notes.htm

Have you considered joining up with the docs team?

> Have a good New Year!

You too!

kevin