Re: Also having NFSv4 problems

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 00:42 +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
On the client side just install and run autofs. Then, from any client

cd /net/lion/pub

and you're there. No need for cryptic mount commands in /etc/fstab
(although, of course, you can go that way too, if you want). The
automounter will do the work for you, on demand.

Well, slap my momma on the a$$!! That works, but /net/lion/pub isn't quite where I'd wanted the mount to appear.

If I put the following line in /etc/fstab:

lion:/pub   /lion   nfs4  rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0

I wonder why I can't manually mount the nfs-exported directory in /lion, which is owned by root:root and permissions 755?? I appreciate automount's almost magical capabilities, but I'd sure like to know why the old fashioned way no longer works. I'm old school in stuff like this.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL