Problems ripping DVDs I legally own to my media server

All -

To make clear - I am only doing this with DVDs I legally own. I am not pirating, I am just trying to get all my DVDs onto a media server I am building instead of having them strewn all over the entertainment center.

Specifically, I tried to rip Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen. It apparently has some new copy protection scheme where it reports that it is 80 gigs, and every method I tried to decrypt them under Linux failed.

I wound up having to fire up my dusty old Windows box and use Ideal DVD Copy to rip them successfully (http://tinyurl.com/yg8269g).

What, if anything, are you using to make legit backups of your newer, copy-protected DVDs under Linux?

--
Thomas